RimWorld Part 1 – RimWorld Gameplay First Look Let’s Play Playthrough – RimWorld Tips Tricks Walkthrough Guide
If you enjoyed this video check my other current let’s plays:
RimWorld 1.0 Modded –
Green Hell –
SCUM CO-OP –
RimWorld is a sci-fi colony sim driven by an intelligent AI storyteller. Inspired by Dwarf Fortress, Firefly, and Dune.
You begin with three survivors of a shipwreck on a distant world.
– Manage colonists’ moods, needs, wounds, and illnesses.
– Fashion structures, weapons, and apparel from metal, wood, stone, cloth, or futuristic materials.
– Tame and train cute pets, productive farm animals, and deadly attack beasts.
– Watch colonists develop and break relationships with family members, lovers, and spouses.
– Fight pirate raiders, hostile tribes, rampaging animals, giant tunneling insects and ancient killing machines.
– Trade with passing ships and trade caravans.
– Decorate your colony to make it into a pleasurable space.
– Dig through snow, weather storms, and fight fires.
– Capture refugees or prisoners and turn them to your side or sell them into slavery.
– Discover a new generated world each time you play.
– Build colonies in the desert, jungle, tundra, and more.
– Learn to play easily with the help of an intelligent and unobtrusive AI tutor.
RimWorld is a story generator. It’s designed to co-author tragic, twisted, and triumphant stories about imprisoned pirates, desperate colonists, starvation and survival. It works by controlling the “random” events that the world throws at you. Every thunderstorm, pirate raid, and traveling salesman is a card dealt into your story by the AI Storyteller. There are several storytellers to choose from. Randy Random does crazy stuff, Cassandra Classic goes for rising tension, and Phoebe Friendly just makes good things happen.
Your colonists are not professional settlers – they’re crash-landed survivors from a passenger liner destroyed in orbit. You can end up with a nobleman, an accountant, and a housewife. You’ll acquire more colonists by capturing them in combat and turning them to your side, buying them from slave traders, or taking in refugees. So your colony will always be a motley crew.
Each person’s background is tracked and affects how they play. A nobleman will be great at social skills (recruiting prisoners, negotiating trade prices), but refuse to do physical work. A farm oaf knows how to grow food by long experience, but cannot do research etc.
The game generates a whole planet from pole to equator. You choose whether to land your crash pods in a cold northern tundra, a parched desert plain, a temperate forest, or a steaming equatorial jungle. Different areas have different animals, plants, diseases, temperatures, etc.
People in RimWorld constantly observe their situation and surroundings in order to decide how to feel at any given moment. They respond to hunger and fatigue, witnessing death, disrespectfully unburied corpses, being wounded etc.
Koko on social media:
If you enjoy the video subscribe for more daily fun!
If you have questions or suggestions leave the comment below or hit me on Twitter!
Official RimWorld website –
RimWorld on Steam –
Dev Tynan Sylvester on Twitter –
Outro Music: “Collide (Instrumental Version)” by Mikael Persson (Epidemic Sound)